Enterprise Software Architect and AWS Certified Solutions Architect with 15 years of industry experience in leading technology strategy and enterprise architecture to desired business outcomes. Experienced in cloud service architecture, team leadership, multiple programming languages and all phases of development from design through delivery and support.
· Expert in the design and delivery of cost - effective, high-performance information technology infrastructures and applications to address complex business problems by assessing current capabilities and designing future technology architectures to achieve strategic technology plans that align with the business strategic initiatives.
· Extensive qualifications in all facets of project life cycle, from the initial feasibility analysis and conceptual design through documentation, implementation, user training and enhancement.
· Strong project management background with a proven ability in building and managing creative, highly energized, focused teams right from requirements through design, implementation & deployment, demonstrated abilities in training & mentoring teams towards achieving organizational goals. Led project sacross cross functional line of business and managed global stakeholders.
· Developing architecture best practices from the ground up, establishing standards, processes and artifacts that promote “built in quality”, improved system performance, ability to innovate and scale.
· Hands-on expertise in designing cloud application architectures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, distributed systems) and approaches to address their unique management and security considerations with strong focus on SOA, security, time to market, availability and scalability.
Shure Inc: Enterprise Software Architect Sept 2016 – Current
Leading architecture roadmap for Shure's enterprise applications and cloud based solutions for monitoring and controlling DSP products.
RFScan-Web Single Page Application
Technology: Serverless Framework, Angular, Typescript, Nodejs, AWS - Code Pipeline, CloudFormation, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, S3, CloudFront, X-Ray, CloudWatch, SNS, SES, IAM, Google APIs, Okta, OAuth2.0, SST, Mixpanel Analytics, REST API/GraphQL.
· Designing, implementing and maintaining all AWS infrastructure and services within a managed service environment.
· Driving scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product, configuration, unit testing, and production deployment.
· Managing a team of 5, reviewed all project code prior to deployment to ensure a consistent codebase and that best practices were being followed. Created, tested, and maintained multiple projects with microservices architectures. Coordinated with other teams to solve issues, implement new content, and migrate legacy applications. Mentored interns and training new hires.
· Defined and deployed monitoring, alerting and logging systems in AWS using CloudWatch, SNS, SES and X-Ray.
· Prescribed specific technical practices to measure characteristics that define and track reliability. Including the Service-Level Agreement (SLA), Service-Level Objective (SLO), Service-Level Indicator (SLI), error budgets, and eliminating toil through automation. Improved SLA and SLO by 30%.
· Implemented process and quality improvements through task automation, infrastructure as code and automation of routine maintenance tasks.
· Executed development and support for alpha, beta and general availability releases. Ensured deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistent with architectural recommendations.
· Leveraged automated CodePipeline deployment and Blue-green deployment patterns and strategies.
· Third Party, vendor relationship management, process development, risk reviews and code reviews.
Cloud Migration: Scalability and Performance Analysis from on-premises to AWS:
Migrate and automate the scalability and performance analysis of Shure’s software applications from on-premises to AWS.
Technology: AWS - Code Pipeline, CloudFormation, EC2, SecurityGroups, AMI, VPC with public and private subnet, VPC endpoints, bastion host, ElasticSearch, logstash, Kibana, metricbeat, filebeat, auditbeat.
· Led the cloud migration of performance analysis infrastructure to AWS. Implemented design changes and created automation to reduce total cost of ownership footprint by 50%.
· Led a team of 5 developers to identify bottlenecks in the Conference Work Bench ecosystem.
· Reduced the discovery time of 1000 devices by 50% and improved the pagination and metering by 30%.
· Added ELK pipelines to gather analytics on the scalability data and identified several bottlenecks and proposed solutions to improve the systems performance by more than 40%.
· Designed innovative solution to implement Multicast ACN communication on AWS VPC between simulators and the Web Applications by using Transit Gateway with Multicast Domain with multiple sources. Extended this solution to connect on-premises developers’ environment to device simulators running on EC2 instances.
· Created the AWS resource naming conventions and consistent tagging strategy with multi-account architecture.
· Collaborated with DevOps to implement CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure as a code (Code Pipelines, CloudFormation, Python) template.
· Managed ElasticStack cluster and implemented logstash pipeline and kibana dashboards for scalability testing.
· Served as an advisor to the Security Team to formulate IAM roles and policies for the project.
Intellimix-Room - DSP in A .Zip (Awarded “Best of show” at ISE 2020):
Intellimix Room is a state-of-the-art fully optimized software-based audio processing for videoconferencing. It deploys directly in-room PCs with all the DSP blocks (AEC, NR and AGC) bridging the gap between IT and AV.
· Took over the IMX-Room project in its adolescence stage, performed various feasibility studies and POCs to give it a formal structure to take it to the next stage of development.
· Conducted market survey and interviews with IT leaders in fintech to establish the business need for a Software DSP product.
· Initiated the project, wrote technical requirements, led architectural discussions and prepared architecture documents for BRT team.
· Led the team discussion to achieve performance measurements. Performed innovative POCs for latency measurements. Implemented resource and latency monitoring service in Room PC.
IPC Systems: Systems Architect – R&D, Trading Services July 2012 – Sept 2016
Unigy 360 - Cloud Migration of Multi-Tenanted Enterprise Data Center and Infrastructure for VoIP Enterprise Solution
Technology: RHEL, Oracle Communications Converged Application Server, Java EE-SIP-IMS, RTP, AudioCodecs: G711uLaw, aLaw, 729a/b, G722, Kafka, Zookeeper, Eclipse, OpenSIPS, SIPP.
· Participated in technical presentations, architecture design discussions, competitive displacement, proof-of-concept engagements, solution demonstrations, and technical workshops.
· Leveraged VMWare HA and fault tolerance along with in-house developed HA functionality to provide 99.99% highly available SLA.
· Designed and implemented server-side NAT solution for VoIP call flows using SIP and RTP Proxies along with STUN/TURN/ICE.
· Performance Evaluation of Unigy Enterprise on vSphere 6.0, bandwidth utilization calculation and CPU and RAM optimization for VoIP calls with up to 800 channels per VM.
· Designed downtime free software and hardware upgrades and backup and restore procedures.
· Implemented monitoring solution using Nagios Environment with active and passive checks.
Technology: TLS 1.2, key exchange algorithms (RSA), message authentication code sha-256.
· Led the R&D SIP Security feasibility efforts for the Unified Communication software with TLS and SRTP.
· Evaluated performance and capacity impact on the product with the introduction of Secure SIP and SRTP.
Voice Quality Monitoring and Alerting:
· Led the project and product development of voice quality and voice recording application systems within the SIP based unified communication product. Recommended settings and thresholds for audio QoS, jitter, delay or latency, packet loss to monitor and raise voice quality alerts.
Aumtech: Senior Technical lead – IVR Systems Dec 2006 – July 2012
IVR Server and Video Conferencing Capabilities:
Technology: C++, RHEL, SIP, RTP, H323, H264, FFMPEG, eXOSIP, Ortp, Asterisks PBX, Cisco GW, nuance speech recognition and synthesis.
· Led the project and product development of IVR system with video conferencing. Applied agile/scrum methodology to deliver the best quality product based on best practices.
VXML2.0 Browser with VXI3.0
Technology: C++, RHEL, VoiceXML.
MRCP Connector for Microsoft Speech Server
Technology: C#, MRCP, RTP, Speech recognition, Speech Synthesis.
ARC Systems: Software Development Engineer Jan 2005 – Dec 2006
SRGS DTMF Parser for VXML 2.0
Technology: C++, RHEL, VoiceXML, SRGS, DTMF RFC 2833
Education and Certifications
- Certifications – Certified SAFe Agile Practitioner, Scrum Master and PMP
- MS, Electrical Engineering, Syracuse University, Syracuse NY, USA
- Teachers Assistance for Object Oriented Programming using C++ (Graduate) at Syracuse University.
- BE, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, SATI, Vidisha, India.