Hands-On Enterprise Software Architect and AWS Certified Solutions Architect with 15 years of industry experience in leading technology strategy and enterprise architecture to desired business outcomes. Over 8 years of experience in public, private and hybrid cloud solutions, with hands-on expertise in designing architecture, deployment and migration of on-premises applications to AWS Cloud. Industry experience includes architecting and building complex business solutions for Finance/Trading, Conferencing, Telecommunications, Pro-Audio, Service Delivery and Software Industry.
· Collaborating with technology and business stakeholders to create a technical architecture vision and roadmap within the corporate domain that enables business strategy.
· Developing architecture best practices from the ground up, establishing standards, processes and artifacts that promote “built in quality”, improved system performance, ability to innovate and scale.
· Hands-on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning with Infrastructure as Code using AWS CLIs and CloudFormation Template and AWS services such as EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, VPC, EBS, Lambda, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IoT Core etc.
· Promoting CI/CD pipelines and DevOps capabilities. Expert in implementing AWS CodePipeline and OpsWorks.
· Server and desktop virtualization expert on VMware ESXi - Linux and Windows Platforms.
· Expert in designing and architect application integration from on premise systems to cloud/SaaS systems with strong focus on SOA, security, time to market, availability and scalability.
Shure Inc: Enterprise Software Architect Sept 2016 – Current
Leading architecture roadmap for Shure's enterprise applications and cloud based solutions for monitoring and controlling DSP products.
Cloud Migration: Scalability and Performance Analysis from on-premise to AWS:
Migrate and automate the scalability and performance analysis of Shure’s software applications from on-premise to AWS.
Technology: AWS - CodePipeline, CloudFormation, SSM, EC2, SecurityGroups, AMI, VPC with public and private subnet, VPC endpoints, bastion host, elasticsearch, logstash, kibana, metricbeat, filebeat, auditbeat.
· Led the cloud migration of performance analysis infrastructure to AWS. Implemented design changes and created automation to reduce total cost of ownership footprint by 50%.
· Designed innovative solution to implement Multicast ACN communication on AWS VPC between simulators and the Web Applications by using Transit Gateway with Multicast Domain with multiple sources.Extended this solution to connect on-premise developers’ environment to device simulators running on EC2 instances.
· Created the AWS resource naming conventions and consistent tagging strategy with multi-account architecture.
· Collaborated with DevOps to implement CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure as a code (Code Pipelines, CloudFormation, Python) templates.
· Managed ElasticStack cluster and implemented logstash pipeline and kibana dashboards for scalability testing.
· Served as an advisor to the Security Team to formulate IAM roles and policies for the project.
Serverless – IoT: Technology: MQTT, Python, Lambda, Serverless Framework, AWS.
· Collaborated with internal teams to create the migration process of legacy systems to the AWS cloud.
· Performed POC to demonstrate serverless execution of SystemOn workflows on Cloud. Led the POC to add multi-tenancy with different users and roles.
Intellimix-Room - DSP in A .Zip (Awarded “Best of show” at ISE 2020):
Intellimix Room is a state-of-the-art fully optimized software-based audio processing for videoconferencing. It deploys directly in-room PCs with all the DSP blocks (AEC, NR and AGC) bridging the gap between IT and AV.
· Took over the IMX-Room project in its adolescence stage, performed various feasibility studies and POCs to give it a formal structure to take it to the next stage of development.
· Conducted market survey and interviews with IT leaders in fintech to establish the business need for a Software DSP product.
· Initiated the project, wrote technical requirements, led architectural discussions and prepared architecture documents for BRT team.
· Led the team discussion to achieve performance measurements. Performed innovative POCs for latency measurements. Implemented resource and latency monitoring service in Room PC.
· Reduced the discovery time of 1000 devices by 50% and improved the pagination and metering by 30%.
· Added ELK pipelines to gather analytics on the scalability data and identified several bottlenecks and proposed solutions to improve the systems performance by more than 40%.
Intellimix-Enterprise - Virtual DSP Appliance: Technology: VMWare vSphere 6.x, vCenter, vCLIs, vmtools, Chef, Puppet, Nagios, NGINX, Dante Virtual Soundcard, C++, Python, SIP, RTP.
· Created a technology roadmap for DSP open architecture which can be scaled from Room PC to highly available server-based enterprise solution.
· Successfully demonstrated highly available DSP application running as a Virtual Appliance with acceptable latency (6-10 ms) that can be scaled vertically and horizontally up to 512 channels.
· Developed scalable IMX-Enterprise Prototype demonstrating VM features such as redundancy (HA), load balancing, and ease of deployment.
Analytics and Monitoring with ElasticSearch on AWS:
Technology: ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kiabana, Elastalert, AWS, SNS, Filebeat, Powershell
· Developed various server-side data processing pipelines to ingest data from multiple applications running in SV Lab and customer sites.
· Collaborated with IT and SV teams to implement a continuous log ingestion pipeline, log monitoring and alerting on ELK stack running on AWS.
Alexa Enabled Devices:
Technology: C++, AVS, AWS, wake word detection, MING64, Windows 10, Ubuntu
· Led the POC and feasibility studies to convert conferencing microphones to Alexa enabled smart microphones.
IPC Systems: Systems Architect – R&D, Trading Services July 2012 – Sept 2016
Unigy 360 - Cloud Migration of Multi-Tenanted Enterprise Data Center and Infrastructure for VoIP Enterprise Solution
Technology: RHEL, Oracle Communications Converged Application Server, Java EE-SIP-IMS, RTP, AudioCodecs: G711uLaw, aLaw, 729a/b, G722, Kafka, Zookeeper, Eclipse, OpenSIPS, SIPP.
· Participated in technical presentations, architecture design discussions, competitive displacement, proof-of-concept engagements, solution demonstrations, and technical workshops.
· Leveraged VMWare HA and fault tolerance along with in-house developed HA functionality to provide 99.99% highly available SLA.
· Designed and implemented server-side NAT solution for VoIP call flows using SIP and RTP Proxies along with STUN/TURN/ICE.
· Performance Evaluation of Unigy Enterprise on vSphere 6.0, bandwidth utilization calculation and CPU and RAM optimization for VoIP calls with up to 800 channels per VM.
· Designed downtime free software and hardware upgrades and backup and restore procedures.
· Implemented monitoring solution using Nagios Environment with active and passive checks.
Technology: TLS 1.2, key exchange algorithms (RSA), message authentication code sha-256.
· Led the R&D SIP Security feasibility efforts for the Unified Communication software with TLS and SRTP.
· Evaluated performance and capacity impact on the product with the introduction of Secure SIP and SRTP.
Voice Quality Monitoring and Alerting:
· Led the project and product development of voice quality and voice recording application systems within the SIP based unified communication product. Recommended settings and thresholds for audio QoS, jitter, delay or latency, packet loss to monitor and raise voice quality alerts.
Aumtech: Senior Technical lead – IVR Systems Dec 2006 – July 2012
IVR Server and Video Conferencing Capabilities:
Technology: C++, RHEL, SIP, RTP, H323, H264, FFMPEG, eXOSIP, Ortp, Asterisks PBX, Cisco GW, nuance speech recognition and synthesis.
· Led the project and product development of IVR system with video conferencing. Applied agile/scrum methodology to deliver the best quality product based on best practices.
VXML2.0 Browser with VXI3.0
Technology: C++, RHEL, VoiceXML.
MRCP Connector for Microsoft Speech Server
Technology: C#, MRCP, RTP, Speech recognition, Speech Synthesis.
ARC Systems: Software Development Engineer Jan 2005 – Dec 2006
SRGS DTMF Parser for VXML 2.0
Technology: C++, RHEL, VoiceXML, SRGS, DTMF RFC 2833
Education and Certifications
- Certifications – Certified SAFe Agile Practitioner, Scrum Master and PMP
- MS, Electrical Engineering, Syracuse University, Syracuse NY, USA
- Teachers Assistance for Object Oriented Programming using C++ (Graduate) at Syracuse University.
- BE, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, SATI, Vidisha, India.